Cisco VPN client problem, once I connect, can ping, butVERY slow

R

Rob Nance

I am running RC1 on an iMac with a core duo 2ghz processor, 2gb of RAM. I have a cable modem with Roadrunner, going to an Apple Airport Extreme base station (wireless router with one ethernet port). I have a small 4 port 100mbit powered hub plugged into that ethernet port, and my iMac plugged into that. I have port 10000 forwarded to my iMac's IP address. I have windows vista firewall disabled.

I installed 4.800.410, it hung during installation. I lost my internet. I installed it again, uninstalled it and that got my internet working again. I then installed it again, and it installed fine. I try firing it up, and the first time I get "Securing communication channel" and it sits there forever. I looked at the adapters and the VPN adapter "Local area connetion 2" is disabled. I enable it (is this normal, does Cisco VPN enable and disable this when it is making a connection?), fire up VPN again, connect, and it connects. A seconr or two later I get a popup saying there is an IP conflict, ignore or diagnose. I hit ignore, and a few seconds after that, VPN disconnects. I fire up VPN again, it connects, no IP conflict message. I am able to ping my work computer. I try and fire up remote desktop connection, and it tries to display the login prompt for XP on my work machine, but kind of bogs down and hangs with the image half displayed. I kill RDC and try and access some corporate intranet websites, they work, but take literally longer than dialup to come up. Is this an MTU problem? Problem with my BETA version of Cisco VPN? The software version at my work is out of date? Any ideas folks? I am going to have to take Vista off my machine this week sometime if I can't get it to work, as I have to work from home this weekend. I'm enjoying playing around with Vista, so hopefully someone has some ideas for me to try.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
http://www.eggheadcafe.com

H

Hal9000

Try the 4.8.01.590 version, which is the newest for vista as far as I know.
I still am having problems though with that. Traced that down to problems
with the routing table which gets altered, then network dies completelly...
Hopefully I will find a solution soon, want to use vista as main OS :(
hal

in message news:[email protected]...

Ask a Question