Changing the way it logs on?

G

I install the OS on the notebook, but the user's name is called Pedro, and
not Pe, is there any way to delete the Pe and rename it to Pedro?

Or, when I try to change the way it logs on, I can not change it to fast log
in without a user name and password. Instead, I get this message:

"A recent installed program has disabled the Welcome screen and Fast User
Switching. To restore these features, you must unistall the program. The
following file name might help you identify the program that made the change:
IWPDGINA.DLL"

Any idea what I am suppose to do here?

D.M.

D

Doug Knox MS-MVP

Copy a User Profile:

Open System in Control Panel. On the User Profiles tab, and under Profiles stored on this computer, click the user profile you want to copy, and then click Copy To.

In the Copy To dialog box, under Copy profile to, type the location for the new profile, or click Browse to select the path.
Click Change to open the Choose User dialog box, click a new user from the Names list, and then click Add. The new user name will appear in Add Name. Click OK to add the user as a new user profile on your computer.

Note: You must be logged on as an administrator to the local computer to copy user profiles. To open a Control Panel item, click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click the appropriate icon. Additionally, you cannot copy to/from the account you are logged onto.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811151
How to Copy User Data to a New User Profile

Then see www.dougknox.com, Win XP Fixes, Restore XP's Welcom/Logon Screen. This will check for the correct GINA DLL being used, and if not, change it.

And last, 1. At a command prompt, type "control userpasswords2" and press Enter to open the Windows 2000-style User Accounts application.

2. Highlight the user account that you want automatically logged on.

3. On the Users tab, clear the Users Must Enter A User Name And Password To Use This Computer check box and then click OK.

3. In the Automatically Log On dialog box that appears, type the user name and password for the account you want to be logged on each time you start your computer.

Ask a Question