Changing the route/routing table

cyberco

I have a HTC TyTN running Windows Mobile 5 PPC with CF2.0.

Is it possible to change the route (or 'routing') table? I would like
to add/remove routes to the table (preferably using C#).

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

What are you trying to accomplish (as opposed to how you want to do it)?

GetIpForwardTable()
CreateIpForwardEntry()
etc.
would be the API calls for doing this sort of thing. Obviously, you'll have
to P/Invoke them from C#.

Paul T.

cyberco

I want to route IP traffic arriving on one interface to another
interface.

CreateIpForwardEntry() exists in the Iphlpapi, but I can't find any
online proof that it will work on Windows Mobile. Do you know whether
it works?

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

I don't program much for Windows Mobile; I have a device, but that's about
it. I'd be surprised if changing the routing table didn't work, though.

However, the routing table will not do what you're trying to do. You can't
make a Windows Mobile device, or any other device, into a router, by adding
routing table entries. You actually have to have packet routing support in
the device and I'm fairly confident that WM devices won't have that.

Paul T.

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

However, reading the help some more, I might be wrong about that. Take a
look at the page titled "Routing for IPv4". Have fun!

Paul T.

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" <p space tobey no spam AT no instrument no spam DOT