changing places bar in common open dialogs ?

G

Hi

For the Office 2000 applications I have downloaded the places.dll application from Microsoft that enables me to specify open and save locations to my liking

Is there any such equivalent for the rest of Win2000? Since so many programs use the common open dialog it would be nice to make it point to a few special places instead ov the default ones..

/p

G

Gary Smith

Peter said:
For the Office 2000 applications I have downloaded the places.dll application from Microsoft that enables me to specify open and save locations to my liking.
Is there any such equivalent for the rest of Win2000? Since so many programs use the common open dialog it would be nice to make it point to a few special places instead ov the default ones...

TweakUI can do that.
http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networking/NTTweakui.asp

Or you can edit the registry directly. The registry key is
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\comdlg32\Placesbar

Ask a Question