Changing PIII to PIV in CMOS

Reaction score
Hi friends,
I want to change the PIII to PIV in cmos setup. I am not able to find any cmos editors. Please help me.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
welcome to PCR

CMOS editors are real people with knowledge of how to setup the CMOS which is actually part of the BIOS setup.

What are you trying to do, exactly?

If you are trying to replace a Pentium III to a Pen IV then you will need the right motherboard that can accommodate the new chip. That setup should be relativity automatic depending on the MB

What is your motherboard?

:user:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I vaguely remember cmos editors from my days at Icrontic when all the rage was to have a custom bios on your Abit KT7 motherboard - remember dat?

But haven't been near that subject in over ten years so sorry, can't help, I only have access to the same search engines as everybody else.

Reaction score
changing pIII to PIV in bios

Dear Friend,
I am sorry, the way of asking the question was wrong. Actually my hardware is PIII and it is showing the same in BIOS settings. I want to edit the bios settings and change the processor from PIII to PIV. I dont want to change the hardwarde.
thank you.

muckshifter said:
CMOS editors are real people with knowledge of how to setup the CMOS which is actually part of the BIOS setup.

What are you trying to do, exactly?

If you are trying to replace a Pentium III to a Pen IV then you will need the right motherboard that can accommodate the new chip. That setup should be relativity automatic depending on the MB

What is your motherboard?

user.gif

Ask a Question