changing password to ****

praveen_khm

Hi,
I have entered this code. But I want the password to appear in the for
of **** when opening the sheet. Is that possible? If yes, pleas
help......your help is appreciated. :smile:

Private Sub enterpassd()
Dim pw As String
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
pw = InputBox("Please enter Password.")
If pw = "yourpassword" Then
With Worksheets("Corporate 99")
ActiveSheet.Unprotect password:=pw
.Visible = True
.Activate
End With
Else: MsgBox "The password is incorrect. Please try again."
End If
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Thanks in advance......

also please let me know how to put the above code in the code format i
this forum...i tried enough.....:

To the best of my knowledge there is no way to change the display text of an
input box to ***. This can however be done with a text box placed on a form.
One of the properties of a textbox on a form is Password Character. Set it to
* and you are ready to go...

Jim Rech

There is no option with InputBox to have the typed in text appear as
asterisks. You would have to create a userform with a textbox for entering
the password. You can set the PasswordChr property of the textbox to
display asterisks.

--
Jim

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30364
| View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=534640

praveen_khm

Thanks both....

However, I cannot add a text form box now. The only option is to change
this code. Ok, is it possible that I can input a textbox using the code
and not by going to userform and entering it? The reason is, as I told
you already, I cannot add a box. If there is any way that I can enter
the textbox and a password using the code, please let me know. If not,
thats ok, I ll try manage.....thanx again.......

I am a little unclear where "as I told you already" comes from but none the
less. The input box does NOT have a facility to display a password character.
The only way around it is with a TextBox. You get get this from a form or you
can embed one in your sheet from the Control Toolbox. If neither of those
will work for you then I guess you are stuck with what you have...

As a complete aside, avoid using phrases like "as I told you already". They
come off as a little offensive. Instead of assuming that we did not read your
question closely enough you are better off to assume that perhaps you were
not entirely clear in your request.