Changing License Codes

Bruce

I have installed a copy of Windows Vista that I got through MSDN. I
would rather not burn up one my 20 available for this install, but I
don't want to have to reinstall everything when the retail version is
released. I would like to purchase a retail (upgrade) license and then
activate this same copy using the license code from the retail
version. Is this possible?

Also, does anyone know if the Vista image available from the e-Open
site (volume license) is the same image available from MSDN?

--Bruce

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Bruce,
The image from MSDN could be either Volume or Retail depending on your
agreements and where you downloaded it from.
What version did you install from MSDN? Which sku did you install from
MSDN?
Did you activate or unselect the default activation choice during setup?
What was the image name that you downloaded?

I wouldn't think that you would be able to change to a retail ( upgrade)
key when you were not using a Retail ( upgrade) key during installation.
You should be able to change to to a Retail( Full) product key however if
you used Retail MSDN download.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

<From: Bruce <[email protected]>