Changing from Single Form to Continuous Forms

G

I have a form that displays data from records in a table. I have an unbound object whose SourceDoc is set using VB code to the filename of an image contained in a text field in the corresponding table record. The VB code executes when the form is made current. Now I change the form from "Single Form" view to "Continuous Forms" view. I find that all the forms display the image corresponding to the first record. How do I get the Unbound object of each form to update to the filename contained in its corresponding record? Which event should I use as the trigger and to which object should I attach the trigger

Any pointers to get me started

Dominique

G

Hi Dominique
the short answer is... you can't

a possible solution/work-around is to have the form use a query as a record source. As part of the query have a column/field call a function to return an image for each record. Then have the form image field bound to the query image field

Luc
Jonatha

----- Dominique wrote: ----

I have a form that displays data from records in a table. I have an unbound object whose SourceDoc is set using VB code to the filename of an image contained in a text field in the corresponding table record. The VB code executes when the form is made current. Now I change the form from "Single Form" view to "Continuous Forms" view. I find that all the forms display the image corresponding to the first record. How do I get the Unbound object of each form to update to the filename contained in its corresponding record? Which event should I use as the trigger and to which object should I attach the trigger

Any pointers to get me started

Dominique

P

Perry

To display the picture on a continuous form, why don't you add
an extra field for the picture (type: OLE_Object) to the table?

Yr continuous form will display the picture

Krgrds,
Perry

Dominique said:
I have a form that displays data from records in a table. I have an
unbound object whose SourceDoc is set using VB code to the filename of an
image contained in a text field in the corresponding table record. The VB
code executes when the form is made current. Now I change the form from
"Single Form" view to "Continuous Forms" view. I find that all the forms
display the image corresponding to the first record. How do I get the
Unbound object of each form to update to the filename contained in its
corresponding record? Which event should I use as the trigger and to which