Change Graph X Axis Font Size

Reaction score
I am creating slides and loading a graph on a slide completely via VBA. In my graph's datasheet, I have the text in the first row that shows underneath the series of data:

ex. of the Data Sheet

Code:
      		Initial Reaction
      Concept 1	45
      Concept 2	68
      Concept 3	89

The "Initial Reaction" text will show along the X-axis of the chart. However, I want to change the font size of that text only. The Y-axis shows 0 to 100 in the default font size, and I want to keep it that way. In Powerpoint itself, I can active the graph, right click on the text "Initial Reaction", and select 'Format Axis'. This brings up Powerpoint's tabbed formatting window so I can change the font size.

I can't seem to find the object heirarchy to programmatically change the font of the text. Any ideas? I can assign .ChartArea.Font.Size = 12, however that changes all of the font sizes, including the Y-axis which I want as-is.

Here is a screenshot of what I need to access programmatically as described above:

FormatAxis-2.jpg

Last edited:

Ask a Question