Change Default Appointment Length

Joseph Wheeler

In Outlook 2003, SP3 under WIN XP Pro SP2--- how can I change the default
length of appointments from 30 minutes to 60 minutes? I don't see any
setting for this and as most of my appointments are an hour in length it's a
PIA to have to manually enter a new end time.

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Display your calendar in a day view and right click in the time area, change it to 60 minutes.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Joseph Wheeler asked:

| In Outlook 2003, SP3 under WIN XP Pro SP2--- how can I change the
| default length of appointments from 30 minutes to 60 minutes? I don't
| see any setting for this and as most of my appointments are an hour
| in length it's a PIA to have to manually enter a new end time.

Joseph Wheeler

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
After furious head scratching, Joseph Wheeler asked:

| In Outlook 2003, SP3 under WIN XP Pro SP2--- how can I change the
| default length of appointments from 30 minutes to 60 minutes? I don't
| see any setting for this and as most of my appointments are an hour
| in length it's a PIA to have to manually enter a new end time.

Display your calendar in a day view and right click in the time area, change
it to 60 minutes.
--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Ah, that works great for the Daily and Work Week calendars.

I should have been more specific in my OP-- is there any way to change it
for the Monthly calendar (the one I usually work in)?

Joseph Wheeler

Joseph Wheeler said:
"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"

After furious head scratching, Joseph Wheeler asked:

| In Outlook 2003, SP3 under WIN XP Pro SP2--- how can I change the
| default length of appointments from 30 minutes to 60 minutes? I don't
| see any setting for this and as most of my appointments are an hour
| in length it's a PIA to have to manually enter a new end time.

Display your calendar in a day view and right click in the time area,
change it to 60 minutes.
--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Ah, that works great for the Daily and Work Week calendars.

I should have been more specific in my OP-- is there any way to change it
for the Monthly calendar (the one I usually work in)?

No. That will always use 30 min.

Now that's a disappointment....

Phil Seeman

You can use my free "More Productive Tools" Outlook add-in available at
www.moreproductivenow.com. It includes an Outlook-compatible Calendar
window; if you go into Options on the menu for that window, there is a
"Standard Appt. Duration" option that you can set to 60 minutes. Then when
in the monthly calendar view, right click the desired day and choose "New
Standard Appt".

Phil Seeman,
More Productive Now!