CE.NET 4.2 PROBLEM...

Isaque Briglia Gonçalves

Hi to all,

Why my installation cab don't work in a
Xcale PXA 255 WinCE.NET 4.2 ??

In a Pocket PC 2000 and 2002 it's work fine,
but in this device dont.

I got the message: Setup failed. Running setup again...

I try to change the .Inf but dot work.

[Version]
Signature = "$Windows NT$"
Provider = "My Company"
CESignature = "$Windows CE$"

[CEStrings]
AppName="AppName"
CompanyName="MyCompany"
InstallDir=\AppName

[Strings]
sh3_cpu = 10003
sh4_cpu = 10005
mips_cpu = 4000
strongarm_cpu = 2577
armcpu = 1824
reg_path = Software\%CompanyName%\%AppName%

[CEDevice]
UnsupportedPlatforms = "Jupiter","HPC" ; Does not support pltfrm1
VersionMin = 3.0
VersionMax = 4.5 ######>>> Changed from 3.1 to 4.5.

Any help are welcome...

Tanks in advance.

Jesse Vaught [MSFT]

Can you provide more information about the Xscale device running WinCE.NET
4.2?
If you're creating O/S using Platform Builder, but sure to include the
wceload.exe to install your cab file.
Additionally, the INF may not have the correct ProcessorType ID for your
Xscale device.

originated.

Isaque Briglia Gonçalves

Hi Jesse,

The previous problem has solved by adition of
ProcessorType ID, but When I execute the cabinet in
a WinCE 4.2 Xscale 250, i receive the message:

"Unsupported System Version"
"The program is not compatible with the current operating system..."
"Yes/No to continue..."

If click Yes, the install work and application too.

Why this message appears ??

My .Inf File...

[Version]
Signature = "$Windows NT$"
Provider = "My Company"
CESignature = "$Windows CE$"

[CEStrings]
AppName="AppName"
CompanyName="My Company"
InstallDir=\AppName

[Strings]
x86_cpu = 686
XScale_cpu = 1824
sh3_cpu = 10003
sh4_cpu = 10005
mips_cpu = 4000
strongarm_cpu = 2577
armcpu = 1824
reg_path = Software\%CompanyName%\%AppName%

[CEDevice]
UnsupportedPlatforms = "Jupiter","HPC" ; Does not support pltfrm1
VersionMin = 3.0
VersionMax = 4.9

[CEDevice.ARM]
ProcessorType = %arm_cpu%