CD Writer Wizard won't recognize CD-R

G

I'm able to select files to write to a CD-R but when I try to write them using the wizard, I get a message to insert a writable CD. I have tried several different brands of blank CD-R's and I keep getting the same response. I checked the properties of the drive and it has the recording tab and the box checked to enable it to write to cd's. Any ideas?

S

Stacey

-----Original Message-----
I'm able to select files to write to a CD-R but when I
try to write them using the wizard, I get a message to
insert a writable CD. I have tried several different
brands of blank CD-R's and I keep getting the same
response. I checked the properties of the drive and it
has the recording tab and the box checked to enable it to
write to cd's. Any ideas?

G

How do you format a CD-R? I thought you only had to format CD-RWs. I can't find anything in the Help section on formatting blank CDs. I was using Just!Burn from CeQuadrat without any problems before upgrading to XP but it's not compatible with XP. Don't recall needing to format CD-Rs with that program.

Thanks

P

Peter Hutchison

How do you format a CD-R? I thought you only had to format CD-RWs. I can't find anything in the Help section on formatting blank CDs. I was using Just!Burn from CeQuadrat without any problems before upgrading to XP but it's not compatible with XP. Don't recall needing to format CD-Rs with that program.

Formatting only occurs with CD-RW using Packet Writing software (not
included with Windows XP).
With CDR, you just copy the files to the CD and Burn them. Thats it!

Peter Hutchison
Windows FAQ
http://www.pcguru.plus.com/

Ask a Question