CD Boot.

T

Thomas Jarren

Hello. I know I'm in the wrong forum, but I can't seem to find where to go.

If I explain my issue, perhaps someone can direct me.

I have a win98 ISO that burns fine to a CD that I use for ghosting (backup etc).

I extracted the autoexec.bat file, edited then added it back. When I burn the cd, I don't get the auotexec with my changes. If I view the file using windows, it is there on the cd with my changed. However when booted the "original file" is there.

I've erased, formatted tried 4 different cd, same issue.

Again, I apologize for posting here as I know it doesn't belong, but if anyone can point me to somewhere of help, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Thomas

T

Thomas Jarren

OOPS, don't know why I have a double post, sorry.

Thomas

I have a win98 ISO that burns fine to a CD that I use for ghosting (backup etc).

I extracted the autoexec.bat file, edited then added it back. When I burn the cd, I don't get the auotexec with my changes. If I view the file using windows, it is there on the cd with my changed. However when booted the "original file" is there.

Again, I apologize for posting here as I know it doesn't belong, but if anyone can point me to somewhere of help, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Thomas

P

Pegasus [MVP]

Maybe a newsgroup with "Win98" in its name, e.g. microsoft.publick.win98.gen_discussion?

When you repost, remember to state what tool you used to modify your ISO file, and what you see when you extract the modified file right after adding it back to the ISO file.

Thanks

Thomas

T

Thomas Jarren

Thanks to all, as mentioned in a previous reply, I got the fix.

Cheers.

Thomas
Maybe a newsgroup with "Win98" in its name, e.g. microsoft.publick.win98.gen_discussion?

When you repost, remember to state what tool you used to modify your ISO file, and what you see when you extract the modified file right after adding it back to the ISO file.

Thanks

Thomas

P

Pegasus [MVP]

Thomas -it is a common courtesy to newsgroup readers to post "Fixes"

==========

Common courtesy - yes - but unfortunately often forgotten.

D

Darren

Oh I so call NOT! I've read posts on here where a question was asked and
"Professional Responders" send countless messages to posts ridiculing
posters.

Also, had I have posted the original question, I would have replied to
"philo" exactly the same way. The way I read his post, suggests the same
thing -"Edit the autoexec on the CD".

What he meant and what he said are "Two entirely different items"

So there.

P

Pegasus [MVP]

Darren said:
Oh I so call NOT! I've read posts on here where a question was asked and
"Professional Responders" send countless messages to posts ridiculing
posters.

- Please define "Professional Responders".
- Lets have at least one example of such a thread.
- How does your response relate to Al's polite request that the OP should
post his solution, for the benefit of other readers of this thread?

Ask a Question