CB Radio

Reaction score
Does anyone have a cb radio on here?

I have one called the :

tti tcb 800 ,and a handheld ah-27 both 80 channel.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Looks like we got us a convoy c'mon.

Is it still 1985? :D

Seriously, do peeps still do that?

And completely and utterly off topic:

The Killers album 'Sawdust' although a collection of outtakes and alternative versions, is absolutely superb :thumb:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Does anyone remember that track by C W McCall from way back...? If you want to indulge in a bit of nostalgia, lyrics are here :D This is the Rubber Duck givin' ya all a big ten-four :lol:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
He he cb radios now that brings back some memories . Don't ask if I tell you I'd have to shoot you .

:p
laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
I have a CB Radio. I love the things and have been using them since 1979 when CB's were first made legal in Australia. I now have my Amateur Radio License. Great hobby.

Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe the lack of interest that CB Radio generate these days. The sunspot cycle is on it's way up again so when summer hits it's highly likely that we will be talking into the USA from Australia when conditions are right. The CBer's in the USA are already preparing their antennas etc and getting ready for the skip to begin.

One guy by the name of John Bartal has built what I believe is the biggest CB Antenna in the world. You can see it here: https://www.computer7.com/the-biggest-cb-antenna-on-the-planet/ Can you believe this thing? The antenna boom is 117 feet long and has 16 elements. I'm sure that when summer hits we will hear John booming into Oz. Is there anyone else out there that shares my enthusiasm for this or am I just one of the old school that still loves the retro CB era? If you love CB like me PLEASE get involved with this forum. Take care.

Ask a Question