Carry On films producer dies at 95

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
:nod: Peter Rogers, the producer who created the Carry On films, has died at the age of 95, Pinewood Studios said.

Rogers - who produced all 31 of the classic British comedies and continued working in his office at the film studios until earlier this year - died peacefully at his home in Buckinghamshire on Tuesday (April 14) following a short illness.

During a career spanning seven decades, he worked with stars including Barbara Windsor, Sid James, Leslie Phillips, Kenneth Williams and Hattie Jacques.

The innuendo-filled Carry On films began with Carry On Sergeant in 1958 and went onto feature teachers, matrons, jungles and camping among their themes.

This guys films entertained me and made me laugh, I'll never forget carry on Camping and whenever anyone mentions tents and sleeping bags the image of Sid and barbara windsor enter my mind, Moreso Barbara and that bra scene..:D

RIP Peter Rogers

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Yeah, most of the Carry Ons were a hoot.

My favourite line, "Infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me". Wonderful. :thumb:

Reaction score
nivrip said:
My favourite line, "Infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me". Wonderful. :thumb:
Thats a quote a friend loves to repeat!
happywave.gif

Sad day for a great film maker who made many people laugh.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Sad to see him go but he had a good innings. RIP Peter Rogers.

They were very very British, the Carry On films.

I think they were very much of their time and some were so bad they were good, if that makes sense.

I remember seeing Carry On Screaming at the cinema when I was 15 and fell instantly in love with Fenella Fielding - that voice *involuntary shiver* hehe ;)

Reaction score
They were great films.I`m afraid we will not see their likes again.
Lets hope the Americans don`t make re-makes of them.
historian

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Spot on Nivrip
Infamy......all time classic..​
R.I.P​