Car Care, Detailing, Washing

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Hey all, Me car was looking pretty grubbing after a trip to Portsmouth and back and I am abit of a clean freak when it comes to cars, so I though i'd show you some before and after shots.

I used the 2 bucket method, 1 with warm clean water in with shampoo mix and the other just warm water to wash off the mitt so not to contaminate the clean shampoo too much. The products I used were Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner,Autoglym Clean Wheels, Autoglym Super Resin Polish and finished it off with Meguiars Gold Class wax. Took around 3 hours in total, all done by hand!

Before:
Dirty1.jpg

Dirty2.jpg

Dirty3.jpg

Dirty4.jpg

After:
Clean1.jpg

Clean2.jpg

Clean3.jpg

Clean4.jpg

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
Nice one Reef :thumb:

You heard of detailing world? If you haven't make sure you hide your credit card before you start reading. You'll spend and absolute fortune once you've seen some of the things on there :lol:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Aye, in all seriousness - nice lookin' motor Mr Reef :thumb:

Mine seriously needs a wash, I swear sands from the Sahara are dumped over London on a daily basis....

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
That is a great job! :thumb:

I can see that you are a clean car freak.

When my car gets dirty I just go to the car wash and am out of there in five minutes and $5 short :p

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Funny, i didn't spot the knickers......losing it i think .

No matter, knickers are not the full meaning of life. Almost, but not quite.

Capn', you displaying American symptoms here, that being 'literalness' meaning everything has to be as is, no artistic licence/irony.humour/whatever allowed.

Ok, I confess. On washing line in background no underwear designed to cover female (or male) nether regions can be spotted.

But washing can, however, be observed. Must confess I threw in knickers for a cheap funny, not expecting somebody to get all actual about it.

I was wrong, weren't I? there is always somebody who will lack sense of humour and act verbatim.

Tomorrow, I think I'll wash my car. With a sponge. Not knickers.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Tomorrow, I think I'll wash my car. With a sponge. Not knickers.
Probably best... it's still a tad chilly to go commando! ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hey Zed, I am advancing in years, Mr Serious Bald Eagle and sensible old Hector kickin' in

Or maybe it's an early sign of Alzheimers :eek:

And lol @ TC ;)

Reaction score
Looking at all that effort just to get a car clean makes me glad that I no longer have a car.
I used to spend hours cleaning the thing inside and out.Then down came the rain,and like flops says,together with the sands of the sahara.
historian