capturing a file search

chuck

WinXP sp2

I do a search for files ... say *.mpg
I come up with results

Is there any way to capture the result in a doc or xls file?

Novice

chuck said:
WinXP sp2

I do a search for files ... say *.mpg
I come up with results

Is there any way to capture the result in a doc or xls file?

Cut N paste, copy etc
OR..........
GoTo: downloads.com
Register,(it's free but you must supply a valid email addy)
In that site, Type "screengrab"
This will produce several apps/software which may meet your
requirements.
Note: They come under differing headings -
"Freeware", "Shareware", "Trial", "Full" etc.

Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\)

chuck said:
WinXP sp2

I do a search for files ... say *.mpg
I come up with results

Is there any way to capture the result in a doc or xls file?
Hi

My suggestion:

Install the free Agent Ransack and use it for searches.

Download it from here:
http://www.mythicsoft.com/agentransack/default.aspx

Agent Ransack can save the search result to a file (or clipboard),
as text, comma separated text or tab separated text. E.g. Excel
reads comma separated text (csv) very well.

chuck

Ransack works just fine.

Was hoping to be able to do it with just windows (I can't install
ransack on my machine at work)

TKS

Stephen Harris