Can't use dial-up to Juno after XP upgrade

G

I get an error code 711 when I try to use Juno on dial-up at home. At my friends house I am able to use a cable connection. I got a response from Juno and was told to start the "Remote Access Connection Manager" and the "Remote Access Auto Connection Manager" but I can't. It says "error 5: access denied" when I click "Start" on both. Can someone help me? I am thinking I made a mistake with XP and would like to go back to Windows 2000 now.

G

Greg R

I get an error code 711 when I try to use Juno on dial-up at home. At my friends house I am able to use a cable connection. I got a response from Juno and was told to start the "Remote Access Connection Manager" and the "Remote Access Auto Connection Manager" but I can't. It says "error 5: access denied" when I click "Start" on both. Can someone help me? I am thinking I made a mistake with XP and would like to go back to Windows 2000 now.

Try this.

Go into services.msc
put those services on automatic. Do not start them.
Reboot.

For some reason xp need to load those before the logon screen.

G

Thanks for trying to help but that didn't work. Those sevices still would not start. I WAS able to use a cable connection to download those 25 or 30 updates from Windows Update Website and one of those was an update for my modem. I am happy to say that it is now working [the dial-up connection] and those services that would not start are running too, on automatic. Hopefully this information may help someone in the future who may come across this same problem.

Ask a Question