Can't start asp.net web application

dennist

When I try, the name is greyed out. If I click OK, I get
the following error message:

Visual Studio Net has detected that the specified web
server is not runnng asp.net version 1.1 - you will be
unable to run asp.net web applications or services.

I installed the net framework 1.1 and am running vs
2003. What do I need to do to get the web server (iis?)
to run asp.net version 1.1

thank you very much.

dennist

Ravikanth[MVP]

Hi

Check whether ASP.NET v1.1.4322 is allowed to run or not
in IIS.

If not allow this service.
IIS => Web Service Extension => allow ASP.NET v1.1.4322
to run.

Ravikanth[MVP]

dennist

Ravikanth,

thank you very much, but I've never used IIS. I checked
add/remove windows components. FTP services had not been
installed, so I installed it. World Wide Web service was
shaded, so I installed the two items that hadn't been
installed.

Just to check, I then tried to open a web application in
vs, but the result was the same.

To be honest, with a red face, I have no idea how to open
or access iis.

How do I actually

IIS => Web Service Extension => allow ASP.net v 1.1.4322

I'd be much obliged.

dennist

dennist

Mikkel,

I'm not on a network, nor do I have a DNS, except the
ever changing one assigned to me by my ISP. I don't have
a web application yet, I'm trying to create one. I've
never served a page or an ftp. I'm just a guy at home
with windows xp pro, who wants to serve a site for some
friends from my own computer, by subscribing to one of
these dnstogo services.

More help would be extremely appreciated. I'm 100%
handicapped and doing things on the computer is one of my
few pleasures. I want to put a database of wheelchair-
friendly restaurants, concert halls, lecture halls and
bus lines and such in Israel on the web.

dennist

Lewis Wang [MSFT]

Thanks Ravikanth, Mikkel for suggestions.

Thanks

Hi Dennist,

Here are two ways we can try to resolve this problem:

1. Run aspnet_regiis -i from the Framework v1.1.4322 folder.

Please check this link:
Repair IIS Mapping After You Remove and Reinstall IIS
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;306005

2. Change the location for the creation of your application from:
http://localhost/<applicationName> to
http://<machineName>/<applicationName>

Please let me know if it works, thanks.

Best regards,