Can't see the switchboard I created in the switchboard manager, He

I created a switchboard through the switchboard manager, but when I go to the
forms, it is not there. Can anyone help me with this?

Jeff Conrad

"bigandy" wrote in message:
I created a switchboard through the switchboard manager, but when I go to the
forms, it is not there. Can anyone help me with this?

That's odd.

Lots of things we can do, but let's first try the easiest option.
Has the form been set to Hidden?
Tools | Options and then find the View tab.
Put a check mark in the box that says "Hidden Objects" in the Show area.

Can you see it now?

Hi Jeff,

I have the same problem. I've checked the "hidden objects" button but still
cannot see my switchboard. Interestingly, when I open another database, I can
see its switchboard. The problem seems to affect only one database.

Jingyi

I had the same problem and tried the following method. It worked for me...

Go to 'tables' and delete your 'Switchboard Items' table. Go to switchboard
manager. It should prompt you to create a new switchboard. This should solve
the problem.

~ Jingyi

Jeff Conrad

in message:
ews:[email protected]...
Hi Jeff,

I have the same problem. I've checked the "hidden objects" button but still
cannot see my switchboard. Interestingly, when I open another database, I can
see its switchboard. The problem seems to affect only one database.

I have heard this reported several times in the past. My *best* guess is
that the SBM wizard did not successfully create the form when it ran. The
table, however, was created.

My usual advice is as follows:

1. Compact the database to clear out any dust bunnies.

2. If you want to save the information in the Switchboard Items table, then
rename it temporarily to something else. The wizard will create a new table
and, hopefully, a new form as well. Delete the new table, and then rename
the previous table back to just Switchboard Items. Finally, compact the
database one more time and everything *should* be OK.

3. If you do not want the information in the Switchboard Items table then
delete the table and compact the database again. Re-run the wizard to
have it create a new table and form. Verify the form was created and then
compile and compact. Should be back in business then.

4. Another option is to import the form from a different database, compile
the code immediately, and then compact the database.