cant play video files

Reaction score
hey all.
i am having MAJOR problems with my video files on my computer. when ever i try to open one, it slows my computer down to a crawl and makes my screen flash off and on. but i can watch videos on YouTube without any problems, but not from others sites liek Putfile or Ebaums World. i have updated my windows stuff, installed the newest codex, divx, and directx files and my video drivers are up to date. any help would be great. thanx

Reaction score
it actually is happening regardless of what program i am using. converters, players, and compressors all have the same result

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Memory

Graphics Drivers

Sh1t CPU

Too many programs open

Virus/Trojan/Worm/Spyware

... so, what PC do you have then? :)

user.gif

Reaction score
i have aATI Radeon express 200 motherboard, A64 3500 processor, GeForce 7800GS graphics card, 1 gb of ram, 170 gb of open hard drive space. ive only had the motherboad and processor for a month and havent been able to use video files since i got it.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
oh heck!!

Hmmm, ATI and on-board graphics ... not a flavour I would like entertain but it should have no problem playing videos

All I can suggest, as ATI do not know what drivers are, never mind write any good ones, is to ensure you have the latest drives for everything.

user.gif

Ask a Question