Can't launch new message (after 800+)

G

We are using a winbatch script to try to flood our network with SMTP and POP3 traffic..
We are using a Winbatch script to send all the files in a folder using the following logic
1. Create a list of all the files in the folde
2. For each file in the folde
2a. Load the file into wordpad (or later on Word) and copy the content to the clipboard (alt-e, l, alt-e, c
2b. Create a new MS Outlook email messag
2c. Fill in the message To:, CC:, and BCC with addresses from a configuration fil
2d. Fill in the subject line using the file nam
2e. Tab to the "message body" abd paste from the clip board (alt-e, p
2f. Send the message using alt-s (I had to use the !s from winbatch to do the same as an alt-s hot key

After about 600 files are sent, the little flashlight starts circling in the wordpad open file dialog
After about 800 files are sent, I can't launch the new outlook message any more (not enuf memory)

We are running on Dell pcs running windows XP with XP Offic
I was able to run this same winbatch script on the same Dells running Windows 2000

Help

S

Sue Mosher [MVP]

Outlook has a known memory leak when opening or creating items programmatically. You may want to break the task into smaller batches or use CDO objects instead of Outlook.

FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for general Outlook programming issues "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Outlook and Exchange solutions at http://www.slipstick.com
Author of
Microsoft Outlook Programming: Jumpstart
for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers

Ask a Question