Can't find directory

G

I recently performed a system restore and almost have everything back to normal. The problem I'm still having is now when I try to back-up my Quickbooks, it normally stages the data then asks me to burn to CD, I get the message "Directory doesn't exist, create one?" then "location not valid". The default directory whick I've always used is C:/Documents and Settings/owner/Local Settings/Application Data/Microsoft/CD Burnin

When I try to get into owner settings I am denied access. Also there is a folder called Owner.YOUR-6JNHHUO520. I have access to this folder but not the origonal "owner" folder. We have 4 user acounts on this computer and 2 of them have this type of duplicate folder. Both are admin accounts

Any help finding or creating a directory so I can backup my data

Thanks in advanc
D. Benham

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

This article describes how to take ownership of a file or folder
to which you have been denied access:

How to Take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|I recently performed a system restore and almost have everything back to normal. The problem I'm still having
is now when I try to back-up my Quickbooks, it normally stages the data then asks me to burn to CD, I get the
message "Directory doesn't exist, create one?" then "location not valid". The default directory whick I've
always used is C:/Documents and Settings/owner/Local Settings/Application Data/Microsoft/CD Burning
|
| When I try to get into owner settings I am denied access. Also there is a folder called
Owner.YOUR-6JNHHUO520. I have access to this folder but not the origonal "owner" folder. We have 4 user
acounts on this computer and 2 of them have this type of duplicate folder. Both are admin accounts.
|
| Any help finding or creating a directory so I can backup my data?
|
| Thanks in advance
| D. Benham

Ask a Question