Cant Demote a DC

Tim

I am trying to demote a DC after it has been replaced. I
have removed all services and am trying to run dcpromo.
When I do so I get the following message:

The operation failed because:
Failed to configure the service NETLOGON as requested
"Not enough storage is available to process this command. "

All drives have over 10gb of space. Any ideas what I can
do to demote it?

Thanks,
Tim

If you have removed a DC from the domain dcpromo w/out the /forceremoval
switch will fail since it cannot contact the domain to notify of its
demotion.
Im not sure about the error message but, my first question would be what do
you mean when you say you removed the services?

Honestly Paul's suggestion is going to be the easiest method for you.

Kevin Bowersock

Don't forget after you do a /forceremoval you have to clean up your Active
directory.

Also if that DC held any roles you will have to seize them to another DC.

332199 Using the DCPROMO /FORCEREMOVAL Command to Force the Demotion of
Active
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=332199

251307 HOW TO: Remove Orphaned Domains from Active Directory Without
Demoting
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=251307

216498 How To Remove Data in Active Directory After an Unsuccessful Domain
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=216498

255504 Using Ntdsutil.exe to seize or transfer FSMO roles to a domain
controller
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=255504

(e-mail address removed)

This posting is provided "AS IS"
with no warranties, and confers no rights