Can't "Customize" Outlook Today

D

DeejayNYC

I wanted to alter my settings on Outlook Today to set it so that it is no longer the default start-up page when I go into Outlook. I am using Outlook 2000, with a Windows XP Home operating system. If I click on the "Customize Outlook Today" button, which by all accounts is the nominally correct thing to do, absolutely nothing happens. Well, not quite. The "Customize Outlook Today" button becomes highlighted, but nothing else happens. Further clicking accomplishes nothing.

The ever-useless on-line help files from Microsoft told me nothing, so I'm curious if anyone out there could offer some help.

Thanks.

DJ

D

DeejayNYC

I found the answer posted on another newsgroup, microsoft.public.outlook. The "fix" is necessitated by another Microsoft "fix" that disables the customizing feature. See the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575

Thanks.

DJ
I wanted to alter my settings on Outlook Today to set it so that it is no longer the default start-up page when I go into Outlook. I am using Outlook 2000, with a Windows XP Home operating system. If I click on the "Customize Outlook Today" button, which by all accounts is the nominally correct thing to do, absolutely nothing happens. Well, not quite. The "Customize Outlook Today" button becomes highlighted, but nothing else happens. Further clicking accomplishes nothing.

The ever-useless on-line help files from Microsoft told me nothing, so I'm curious if anyone out there could offer some help.

Thanks.

DJ

Ask a Question