Can't Connect To Internet

G

I have a binatone ADSL 500 modem which will successfully hook up to the net, but when I try and access through Internet Explorer I get the 'page unavailable' screen.
Everything works just fine on my other PC, just not on the one that I am building.(both PCs set up side by side, same software on each, and swapping USB connection for the modem between the 2). Slowly going mad, but suspect there is a real easy solution to this????? (Mobo - Gigabyte GA 7n400 Pro 2, Athalon XP 3200)

M

Miha Pihler

Hi Mike,

can you give us some more information?

How is IP provided to you? Do you get IP from your ISP? Do you have DNS set
up? Can you e.g. ping your default gateway?

Mike

Mike W said:
I have a binatone ADSL 500 modem which will successfully hook up to the
net, but when I try and access through Internet Explorer I get the 'page
unavailable' screen.
Everything works just fine on my other PC, just not on the one that I am
building.(both PCs set up side by side, same software on each, and swapping
USB connection for the modem between the 2). Slowly going mad, but suspect
there is a real easy solution to this????? (Mobo - Gigabyte GA 7n400 Pro 2,
Athalon XP 3200)

G

Glen

Mike said:
I have a binatone ADSL 500 modem which will successfully hook up to the net, but when I try and access through Internet Explorer I get the 'page unavailable' screen.
Everything works just fine on my other PC, just not on the one that I am building.(both PCs set up side by side, same software on each, and swapping USB connection for the modem between the 2). Slowly going mad, but suspect there is a real easy solution to this????? (Mobo - Gigabyte GA 7n400 Pro 2, Athalon XP 3200)
restart the modem when you switch pc's

Ask a Question