Cant connect PC and Laptop to share files. how do I?

Things i Have

-PC connected to DSL modem
-Laptop w/wireless connection

I cant connect my PC with my Laptop

I try to do the network wizard, but it doesnt help. If you could fix this
simple problem for me, please help.

Robert L [MS-MVP]

Are they in the same subnet? posting the results of ipconfig /all may help.

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Things i Have

-PC connected to DSL modem
-Laptop w/wireless connection

I cant connect my PC with my Laptop

I try to do the network wizard, but it doesnt help. If you could fix this
simple problem for me, please help.

WINUX

Robert said:
Are they in the same subnet? posting the results of ipconfig /all may help.

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Things i Have

-PC connected to DSL modem
-Laptop w/wireless connection

I cant connect my PC with my Laptop

I try to do the network wizard, but it doesnt help. If you could fix this
simple problem for me, please help.
------=_NextPart_000_0054_01C6B68E.FC9DF760

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV>Are they in the same subnet? posting the results of ipconfig /all may
help.</DIV>
<DIV><BR>Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE &amp; CNE<BR>Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN
Troubleshooting on <A
href="http://www.ChicagoTech.net">http://www.ChicagoTech.net</A> <BR>How to
Setup Windows, Network, VPN &amp; Remote Access on <A
href="http://www.HowToNetworking.com">http://www.HowToNetworking.com</A> </DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE
<DIV>"MyBuddy" &lt;<A
href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>&gt;
wrote in message <A
href="i Have<BR><BR>-PC connected to DSL modem<BR>-Laptop w/wireless
connection<BR><BR>I cant connect my PC with my Laptop<BR><BR>I try to do the
network wizard, but it doesnt help. If you could fix this <BR>simple problem
for me, please help.</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0054_01C6B68E.FC9DF760--

check if dhcp is enabled on your router.
and also your wireless of course.
Both clients should be in the same network (vritual), so make shure the
subnetmask for both is the same.
Both ip' should also be in the same network. So for example 192.168.0.1
and 192.168.0.2 if you use subnetmask 255.255.255.0
This is only necessary if dhcp is not enabled. Otherwise it should be
automatically work correct.

Turn of your firewall and anti virus and see if it works then.
If it does, your firewall or anti virus is misconfigured.

Chuck

Things i Have

-PC connected to DSL modem
-Laptop w/wireless connection

I cant connect my PC with my Laptop

I try to do the network wizard, but it doesnt help. If you could fix this
simple problem for me, please help.

Some detail about the network, and what you've done, would help.
# Do both computers get Internet service?
<http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/08/solving-network-problems-tutorial.html>
http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/08/solving-network-problems-tutorial.html
# What is the make and model of "DSL modem"?
<http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/06/background-information-useful-in.html>
http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/06/background-information-useful-in.html
# When you ran the Network Setup Wizard, did you run it on both computers?
Which options did you select?
<http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/05/using-network-setup-wizard-in-windows.html>
http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/05/using-network-setup-wizard-in-windows.html