can't compress my files anymore

Tim

I used to be able to compress my access or any file for
that matter on my desktop by rt. clicking and choosing
send to compress folder. now when I do it it doesn't
prompt me with any error or anything just the desktop is
there. Previously it used to prompt me for what to call
the zipped file and it dumped it into my document folder
for my settings. I don't get the prompt for new zip file
name and can not see the file in the my doc. folder.
What could have changed to make this not work.

Before I was unaware that Windows XP home edition had
this option I downloaded Pkzip from Pkware and the 30 day
trial for that is now up. I wonder if this being on my
system is making the regular window zip not work. It
worked before but maybe since the trial period is up it
may be effecting the Window XP performance.

I wouldn't think the one should have anything to do with
the other.

Please help,
Tim

John Ski

Subject: can't compress my files anymore
From: "Tim" (e-mail address removed)
Date: 4/19/2004 4:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time

[...]

You'd be wrong in not thinking that. Uninstall PKZip and then go Start>Run and
type regsvr32 zipfldr.dll and click "Enter". Although nothing is ever 100%
certain in life or computing, I'm pretty confident that will do it.

Cheers,

John
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
***Arthur C. Clarke***