Canon MP610 power down noise

Chambers

Hi,

After several weeks of use, my new Canon MP610 printer has developed an
annoying "squeak squeak squeak..." noise upon power down. This is the second
unit to develop this problem. The first unit I exchanged for the current
unit.

Canon "technical support" claims to have no knowledge of this problem.
However, a local Canon repair center employee said they were aware of the
problem.

I would appreciate posts from others that have experience with this problem.

Thank you

Michael Grey

Do you think that it is product threatening?
Does it sound like something is breaking?
If so return it and buy another brand.
If not you have a one year complete warranty that should get you through.

Chambers

Obviously.

Again, I would appreciate posts from others that have experience with this
problem.

DanG

Chambers said:
Obviously.

Again, I would appreciate posts from others that have experience with this
problem.

Why is this a problem? All Canon printers make a certain amount of noise
when parking heads or cleaning. Sometimes it could be described as a
"squeak". I've heard it from about a dozen Canons, and never considered it a
problem.

measekite

Michael Grey wrote:

Do you think that it is product threatening? Does it sound like something is breaking? If so return it and buy another brand. If not you have a one year complete warranty that should get you through. "Chambers" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

The guys does not want to be an idiot.  He want to get what he paid for.

Hi, After several weeks of use, my new Canon MP610 printer has developed an annoying "squeak squeak squeak..." noise upon power down. This is the second unit to develop this problem. The first unit I exchanged for the current unit. Canon "technical support" claims to have no knowledge of this problem. However, a local Canon repair center employee said they were aware of the problem. I would appreciate posts from others that have experience with this problem. Thank you

Jim Ford

Chambers said:
After several weeks of use, my new Canon MP610 printer has developed an
annoying "squeak squeak squeak..." noise

We get the same problem on this forum - it's called 'mouseshite' (aka
measekite)!

Jim Ford