Access Cannot use DateSerial function with user defined parameters in an MS Access Query

Reaction score
I have created a simple database in Access 2003

I have a table called tblForms which stores a list of when certain forms were created. It contains a date field called FormDate

I have created a query to find out when a new version of the form is due i.e. 84 days after the current form.

I’ve created a field (called FormDue) in my query which adds 84 days to the date field (called FormDate) using the DateSerial function

I have applied in this query the criteria to provide only a list of projected future dates

Eg all dates between 1 March and 31 March in FormDue

This works fine until I try to change the criteria to user defined parameters

e.g. Between [Enter start date] and [Enter End Date], when it displays all records in the table not just the ones to be selected.

Is there any reason why I can use the user defined parameters on the normal FormDate field but not in the FormDue field created by adding 84 days to the FormDate field?

Many thanks

Ask a Question