Cannot send email

Tardi

The rejected e-mail address was 'elaine (e-mail address removed)'. Subject
'Friendly Saturday 6/12', Account: 'gearsale.com', Server: 'gearsale.com',
Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '501 <elaine (e-mail address removed)>: "@" or
"." expected after "elaine"', Port: 26, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 501,
Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Bruce Hagen

The error message is self-explanatory. the address is:

'elaine (e-mail address removed)'

But it should be:

(e-mail address removed)

helpless

--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

Tardi said:
problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read
the
"I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help
determining

The rejected e-mail address was 'elaine (e-mail address removed)'. Subject
'Friendly Saturday 6/12', Account: 'gearsale.com', Server:
'gearsale.com',
Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '501 <elaine (e-mail address removed)>: "@"
or
"." expected after "elaine"', Port: 26, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
501,
Error Number: 0x800CCC79
.________________________________________________________________

I too am having problems with mail after many happy years with Comcast and windows mail I switched to Verizon and cannont get or received mail right now. Was able to for @ 3 mails. help here is my message

Subject 'Re: testing', Account: 'Windows Mail', Server:
'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '250 SIZE 20971520',
Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 250, Error Number: 0x800CCC7D

thank you

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

That server does not support SSL.
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Advanced,
then uncheck the SSL option.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"helpless" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
I too am having problems with mail after many happy years with Comcast and windows mail I switched to Verizon and cannont get
or received mail right now. Was able to for @ 3 mails. help here is my message

Subject 'Re: testing', Account: 'Windows Mail', Server:
'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '250 SIZE 20971520',
Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 250, Error Number: 0x800CCC7D

thank you

helpless

Hi Gary, and thank you. It is unchecked and I can get but not send. Any
more suggestions?? thanks again

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

Please post the new error message you get, now that SSL is unchecked.

"helpless" wrote in message
Hi Gary, and thank you. It is unchecked and I can get but not send. Any
more suggestions?? thanks again

Joined
Aug 3, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Dear Mr Gary,
I'ved been reading your tread. My boss' cannot send email and follow your suggestions by disabling the SSL and it works. He can now send email but when he already use his PDA and try to send email through 3G, then he cannot send again emails. It seems in wifi, everything works fine but when he uses 3G, there he encounter again problems in sending an email. Any ideal? Hope you can help us on this.
Thanks,
Raque