Cannot pass arguments from .NET Web Service Client to a Java Web Service

Reaction score
Hi,

I implemented a very simple JAX-WS 2.0 Java Web Service, with the intention to invoke it from .NET client.

The Java Web Service works fine when invoked from a Java test client. I then generated a .NET Web Service Proxy using wsdl.exe and wrote a tiny C# client to invoke the service.

Unfortunately, although the web service gets called, the arguments to the web service methods do not get over: whatever integers I put in, the web service gets called with 0 (zero), any string value becomes null.

I put some debugging code in the generated C# proxy to try to inspect where things go wrong, in the proxy the arguments are passed correctly. The proxy then calls the Invoke method on System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.

I have no idea how to track things from there. Can you give me any piece of advice how to debug things or check what's wrong?

Could the problem be related to the .NET Framework version? Mine is 1.0.3705.

Thanks,

Dušan

Last edited:

Ask a Question