    rid of that service?

    I am using Windows Vista Home Basic (32-bit) with SP 1.

    Thanks, Alan

    Alan, May 1, 2009

  2. Alan <> wrote:

    > I installed some software that malfunctioned. After that, I could
    >not uninstall it or even delete it in Windows or from the DOS prompt
    >(using administrative privileges. I could not stop an associated
    >service running.
    >
    > I rebooted in Safe Mode with CMD prompt and manually deleted the
    >contents of the software's folder under Program Files. When I
    >rebooted normally, the same service was running, and I was back in the
    >same situation.
    >
    > Any ideas as to what I can do from there? How do I permanently get
    >rid of that service?
    >
    > I am using Windows Vista Home Basic (32-bit) with SP 1.
    >
    >Thanks, Alan

    It might help if you named this mystery service.

    Manny Weisbord, May 1, 2009

  3. Alan

    Rick Rogers Guest

    Hi,

    What do the distributors of this unnamed software have to say?

    --
    Best of Luck,

    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    Rick Rogers, May 1, 2009
  4. Alan

    Gary M Guest

    "Any ideas... "

    Yeah, do a clean install.

    Gary M, May 1, 2009
  5. Alan

    webster72n Guest

    "Alan" <> wrote in message
    > I installed some software that malfunctioned. After that, I could
    > not uninstall it or even delete it in Windows or from the DOS prompt
    > (using administrative privileges. I could not stop an associated
    > service running.
    >
    > I rebooted in Safe Mode with CMD prompt and manually deleted the
    > contents of the software's folder under Program Files. When I
    > rebooted normally, the same service was running, and I was back in the
    > same situation.
    >
    > Any ideas as to what I can do from there? How do I permanently get
    > rid of that service?

    What a temptation to say: "trash the whole thing and start from scratch!"
    But, as mentioned already, what is the identity of that mysterious software?
    <H>.

    webster72n, May 1, 2009
  6. Alan

    Shiann Guest

    Have you tried Microsoft's Installer Cleanup Utility to remove that program
    and all components? support.microsoft.com/kb290301 just deleting files want
    stop service from running.

    --
    Shiann

    Shiann, May 1, 2009
  7. Alan

    Alan Guest

    Problem resolved. I rebooted in Safe Mode, uninstalled and deleted
    the software, and rebooted.

    The mysterious software was some not-to-be-named (proprietary)
    beta software, nothing publicly available yet.

    Thanks, Alan

    Alan, May 1, 2009
  8. Alan

    webster72n Guest

    "Alan" <> wrote in message
    > Problem resolved. I rebooted in Safe Mode, uninstalled and deleted
    > the software, and rebooted.
    >
    > The mysterious software was some not-to-be-named (proprietary)
    > beta software, nothing publicly available yet.

    Thanks for the feedback, <H>.

    webster72n, May 2, 2009