From: Dave Peterson ([email protected])
Subject: Re: Separate Code and Data (Newbie Q)
View this article onlyNewsgroups: microsoft.public.excel
Date: 2004-06-28 15:05:08 PST
The code can be in any workbook. But if you have to click on a button (on
aworksheet?), then you're going to have a little trouble--since the
worksheetwith the button will be the activesheet.One way around it is to use
Tools|macro|macros..., to run the macro.Another way is to save your workbook
with the code as an addin. (In thefile|saveAs|Save as type dropdown box.)But
if your workbook is an addin, you'll need a different method to invoke
themacro.I really like John Walkenbach's MenuMaker for creating a nice access
to mymacros.http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip53.htmAnother way is to add
another toolbar. I'd create the toolbar when the workbookwith the code opens
and delete the toolbar when you close that workbook.Here's a shell that I
keep when I want to add a custom toolbar:In a general module:Option
ExplicitSub create_menubar() Dim i As Long Dim mac_names As Variant
Dim cap_names As Variant Dim tip_text As Variant Call
remove_menubar mac_names = Array("mac1", _
"mac2", _ "mac3") cap_names =
Array("caption 1", _ "caption 2", _
"caption 3") tip_text = Array("tip 1", _
"tip 2", _ "tip 3") With
Application.CommandBars.Add .Name = "MyToolbar"
Read the rest of this message... (61 more lines)

I'm afraid I wasn't clear in my previous post. I don't know where to look in
the Excel file for the code that creates my new toolbar. My code was
supposed to create the toolbar upon file/open then delete it when the file
closed. I've searched every bit of code in the project, but the code does
not appear. How can I access the code to create more buttons on the bar?

Ron de Bruin

Hi
Using messages previously posted on this site I used code to create a custom
toolbar when file is opened. I now need to edit the toolbar, but I can't
locate the original code.

Maybe you copy it in your personal.xls
Do you see this file when you do Alt-F11?