Cannot find attachment in C:\documents and settings\cale\local settings\temporary internet files

G

I am trying to find a temporary attachment (e.g. document.xls) in C:\documents and settings\cale\local settings\temporary internet files\OLK7C\ folder when opening it using Outlook 2003

In Outlook 2003 I open an e-mail that contains an attachment (e.g. document.xls) when i open the attachment I get prompted if I want to save it or open it. I choose to open it. I understand as soon as I open it it creates a temporary file on my hard drive in the C:\documents and settings\cale\local settings\temporary internet files\OLK7C\ folder. Later on i want to retrieve that copy of the attachement. However if I navigate to that location (after showing hidden files and folders and unchecking hide protected OS files) I can get all the way to the C:\documents and settings\cale\local settings\temporary internet files\ folder. But I do not see the OLK7C folder. In addition I do a full search on my hard drive for that folder and/or filename of the attachemnt. Neither shows up in the search results. Could someone please tell me why i cannot see the OLK7C folder and how can I retrieve my attachment

OS in Windows XP pro.
Thanks!

R

Roady [MVP]

It's a special folder; you must type that address in the Address Bar.

--
Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net
Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News
Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more...

Tips of the month:
-Save Embedded Pictures in Their Original Format
-Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3

Ask a Question