Cannot delete text without confirmation

G

I am a loooooooooooooooong time user of Word and today I started up my Word 2003 Pro and all of a sudden, I cannot delete text without a confirmation. When I try to delete selected text, I get a message in the status bar "Delet block no (yes)/

I have already replaced my normal template reset all my options, and the application still opens this way. Please don't suggest I do a detect and repair as that wipes out my e-mail (all of it, plus accounts), and my other office settings. I have all the service paks loaded and no additional Add-ins

Any ideas

Thank
LHR

G

Well I actually found out what the problem was but have yet to find out how it got that way, though I have my suspicions

Somehow the WordPerfect Navigation keys option was checked. Haven't used WordPerfect in over 10 years and would never use it if I didn't have to. Even so I should have recognized the verbiage

As I said I don't know how it happened since I haven't touched my options in 6 months, but I did run some spyware this morning before I opened the program. This is the only connection I can make

Anyway, I would still be interested if anyone else has been experiencing strange startups from the Office 2003 Pro software

Thanks

LHR

S

Suzanne S. Barnhill

There are definitely gremlins that cause the WP options to be checked. Or so
I judge from the fact that I've never encountered a user who would admit to
having set them intentionally or remembered doing it.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
all may benefit.

lhr said:
Well I actually found out what the problem was but have yet to find out
how it got that way, though I have my suspicions.
Somehow the WordPerfect Navigation keys option was checked. Haven't used
WordPerfect in over 10 years and would never use it if I didn't have to.
Even so I should have recognized the verbiage.
As I said I don't know how it happened since I haven't touched my options
in 6 months, but I did run some spyware this morning before I opened the
program. This is the only connection I can make.
Anyway, I would still be interested if anyone else has been experiencing
strange startups from the Office 2003 Pro software.

Ask a Question