Cannot delete folder...folder is full.

D

Daniel Lipkie

Outlook 2007, Vista Home Basic Premium, admin account privileges, McAfee.

1) Create a new mail folder "FOO" under Personal Folders
2) Try to delete the folder "FOO"
3) Folder is transfered to Deleted folder
4) Try to delete the folder "FOO" from the Deleted folder

Get the error message "Cannot delete this folder. Right-click the folder, and then click Properties to check your permissions for the folder. See the folder owner or your administrator to change your permissions. The folder is full".

The folder "FOO" is empty. The Delete Folder has some content but not a lot.

(Sometimes I get this error after step 2.)

I have checked both the Delete Folder and the FOO folder. There are no permissions to change. The Properites Administration tab has a "This folder is available to: field but the radio button choices are grayed.

I have run the Diagnose/Repair tool and no problems were found. I have tried turning of McAfee email virus checking.

I have tried running the Compact on the Personal Folders and it completes almost immediately.

I have the latest Windows/Office updates. If I start Outlook in Safe mode I can delete the folder from the Deleted Folder. I have tried rebooting Vista.

Background: I have an Access 2007 db with VBA code that creates a folder, copies some email to it, deletes the folder and then deletes the folder from the Deleted Folder. About three days ago I noticed that the final delete step was generating a "Cannot delete folder ..." error. After a lot of testing I was able to come up with the simple 4 step test case listed above. I am not aware of anything significant starting a couple of days ago (other than April 1). No new Office updates have been applied.

Daniel

C

Castell

Strange. Permissions are only available when using Exchange. Can you delete
the folder by pressing Shift button at same time as the Delete button (this
acts like a force delete in these situations).

Ask a Question