Cannot create folder _vti_cnf

G

When publishing my site via FP 2003, I'm getting the message:

Server error: Cannot create folder "_vti_cnf".

If that is a permissions error, how do I tell which directory FP is trying to publish to?

S

Stefan B Rusynko

What location did you type in File Publish Site (Remote Web site tab - Remote web site properties

--

| When publishing my site via FP 2003, I'm getting the message:
|
| Server error: Cannot create folder "_vti_cnf".
|
| If that is a permissions error, how do I tell which directory FP is trying to publish to?

G

I have my website in there and have been using it for quite some time. I'm thinking that via ftp, I might have created a new subdirectory and FP cannot publish to it, because of permissions. Could this be my problem? If so, how do I tell which folder FP is trying to load that referenced folder to? If not, how do I fix the error, because it makes the publishing process stop?

G

Nevermind. Following a related post I dug up in a search (sorry, missed it the first time), I reinstalled the FP extensions on the server. Now, all is fine. I have no idea why, just that all is fine. :)

S

Stefan B Rusynko

Don't use FTP to create folders in your site, always use FP
- if you need FTP access to a folder in your site convert it to a subweb in FP, and then don't open that subweb in FP

--

| Nevermind. Following a related post I dug up in a search (sorry, missed it the first time), I reinstalled the FP extensions on
the server. Now, all is fine. I have no idea why, just that all is fine. :)
|
| "BB" wrote:
|
| > I have my website in there and have been using it for quite some time. I'm thinking that via ftp, I might have created a new
subdirectory and FP cannot publish to it, because of permissions. Could this be my problem? If so, how do I tell which folder FP
is trying to load that referenced folder to? If not, how do I fix the error, because it makes the publishing process stop?
| >
| > "Stefan B Rusynko" wrote:
| >
| > > What location did you type in File Publish Site (Remote Web site tab - Remote web site properties
| > >
| > > --
| > >
| > > _____________________________________________
| > > SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| > > "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| > > To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| > > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| > > _____________________________________________
| > >
| > >
| > > | When publishing my site via FP 2003, I'm getting the message:
| > > |
| > > | Server error: Cannot create folder "_vti_cnf".
| > > |
| > > | If that is a permissions error, how do I tell which directory FP is trying to publish to?
| > >
| > >
| > >

Ask a Question