cannot access or delete a folder in Explorer...

G

Hi

Something wierd has happended to my win2000pro system. I cannot access a folder

I am using Music Library, a 'database program' to manage my mp3's. I can perform file operations from within the prog. I created a folder and moved some mp3's into it. The folder shows up in regular explorer, but I cannot access it or view the files inside. I get the error message "[path name] is not accessible. Folder may have been removed or deleted". At the same time I can listen to files in that folder from within the database program. In Explorer, I can however move the parent folder around on the disk and the wierd subfolder follws around with it but it remains inaccessible.

I have Scandisk'ed, checked for errors, Norton WinDoctor'ed, tried to view and delete folder in DOS mode (cmd.exe). I have tried these things as administrator and as user. There seems to be nothing wrong with the folder/file structure according to these tests. Shutting down and restarting does not change anything.

The folder contents are not important since I have backups anyway. I just want to get rid of this faulty folder, and possible get to know why it is faulty in the first place

What can I do? This is a real ghost folder in my opinon

PS: When the folder was in its original location, I could access the files and even listen to them from within the database program while still no access in explorer. But since I started moving the parent folder around it does not show up any longer when I rescan my drive for data, so the fileoperation possibilities from the database program have been lost on this folder

I don't know if this is importnant:
The name of the folder is "Amazing adventures of ..". In the same parent folder there is another folder called "the amazing adventures of simon simon". This second folder is newer and fault-free.

All help appreciated

Thank

/p

Ask a Question