Windows Vista Cannon BJC 80

Reaction score
New to all this I have Windows Vista Home Premium system on my lap top and I want to use my trusty printer Cannon BJC 80 printer the problem I have is it only seems to print when I shut everything down Im told it may be a plugin reqd as the parallel from the printer plugs into a USB on lap top can anyone help

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums :)

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "it only seems to print when I shut everything down" - could you explain a little more please?

The BJC 80 is a very old printer if I remember correctly?

Reaction score
Hi, yes apparently Cannon do not recognise parall port to usb port so they said that I may require a plug in on the driver , does this help yes I know its an old rinter but its great when it works, the trouble is that on my laptop it has no paralle conections only usb so I had to purchase a cable with one end parall and the other usb so you can see my problem I hope, the driver for the printer were already pre installed on the lap top because its an HP pavallion so as soon as you plug in the printer it recogises the cannon, but im sure there must be something missing

Ask a Question