Can someone point me to a bound Datagrid plus edit control tutorial???

Aaron Ackerman

I am using typed datasets in an N-Tier Windows app using VB.NET.

I know this posting cannot be fully explained in a single post that is why I
am asking for someone to point me to a real world tutorial (in vb.net) that
can show me how to use a bound Datagrid to it's fullest potential. I need to
utilize the bound Datagrid in two modes. One were a bound Datagrid can be in
edited directly utilizing bound combos and textbox right on the grid, AddNew
etc.

The second where the bound Datagrid is bound to a set of controls in another
pane below it where you click on a particular row and those bound controls
are filled, AddNew, etc.

I have looked all over and can't find anything that adequately explains what
I want to do. I have tried myself with only moderate success and I am really
just spinning my wheels right now.

Thnak in advance.

Kevin Yu [MSFT]

Hi Aaron,

I cannot find such specific code samples or tutorials. However, in MSDN
there's a code example, which is an N-Tier Windows app using VB.NET. It's
using an untyped dataset. But I don't think there's much difference in
between typed and untyped datasets when binding to a datagrid.

Please try to refer to the following link to download the code example.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnvssamp/ht
ml/vbcs_N-TierDataFormandDataLayer.asp

Kevin Yu
=======
rights."

--------------------
| From: "Aaron Ackerman" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Can someone point me to a bound Datagrid plus edit control
tutorial???
| Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 11:08:47 -0400
| Newsgroups:
microsoft.public.dotnet.general,microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb,microso
ft.public.dotnet.languages.vb.controls,microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb.
data

| I am using typed datasets in an N-Tier Windows app using VB.NET.
|
| I know this posting cannot be fully explained in a single post that is
why I
| am asking for someone to point me to a real world tutorial (in vb.net)
that
| can show me how to use a bound Datagrid to it's fullest potential. I need
| utilize the bound Datagrid in two modes. One were a bound Datagrid can be
in
| edited directly utilizing bound combos and textbox right on the grid,
AddNew
| etc.
|
| The second where the bound Datagrid is bound to a set of controls in
another
| pane below it where you click on a particular row and those bound controls
| are filled, AddNew, etc.
|
| I have looked all over and can't find anything that adequately explains
what
| I want to do. I have tried myself with only moderate success and I am
really
| just spinning my wheels right now.
|
| Thnak in advance.

Dmitriy Lapshin [C# / .NET MVP]

Hi Aaron,

Sorry no tutorials, but start from the Windows Forms Data Binding
documentation - especially the CurrencyManager class which is actually a
centerpiece in DataGrid operation.

If you could ask several more specific questions, I believe the community
would be able to answer the most of them - if they are not already answered
and archived on Google Groups (http://groups.google.com).