Can someone help me re-write VB4 to VB.NET?

K

kurt

I have a program I’ve written in VB-4 and am now trying to re-write in VB..NET 2005
Some of what I can’t seem to figure out is how do I transcribe the following VB-4 code to run in my VB.NET program, any and all help is appreciated.Thank you.
'*************************************************
' Keep within screen viewing
Dim maxNormalWidth As Long, maxNormalHeight As Long
Dim deskArea As RECT
Call SystemParametersInfo(SPI_GETWORKAREA, 0&, deskArea, 0&)
deskArea.Left = ScaleX(deskArea.Left, vbPixels, vbTwips)
deskArea.Top = ScaleY(deskArea.Top, vbPixels, vbTwips)
deskArea.Right = ScaleX(deskArea.Right, vbPixels, vbTwips)
deskArea.Bottom = ScaleY(deskArea.Bottom, vbPixels, vbTwips)
maxNormalWidth = (deskArea.Right - deskArea.Left)
maxNormalHeight = (deskArea.Bottom - deskArea.Top)
If Me.Width > maxNormalWidth Then
Me.Width = maxNormalWidth
End If
If Me.Height > maxNormalHeight Then
Me.Height = maxNormalHeight
End If
Me.Left = deskArea.Left + (deskArea.Right - deskArea.Left - Me.Width) /2
Me.Top = deskArea.Top + (deskArea.Bottom - deskArea.Top - Me.Height) / 2
'**************************************************

K

Kurt

Can someone help me by telling me where I can find the MSINET.OCX file that I have added to my re-work but now don't know where to get it within the VB.NET program?

I added it to the program, but now don't know how to get it to apply it to the form within VB.NET.
Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you.

K

Kurt

Can someone please help me out here, I’ve got this VB4 code I’m trying to re-do in VB.NET and find that the following VB4,6 code does not work,

Drive = App.Path & "\User_Files\profile.bda"
Open Drive For Input As #1
Input #1, dat4, Abackup, TimeHide, WhatRunmin, autorun, cleanwhen, ClockC1, Sbillboard, monthly1, monthly2, monthly3, monthly4, showmonthlies, past1, past2, past3, past4, different_day, Blink, unused3, unused4
Close #1

I’ve tried to rewrite it but not getting to far, here is what I’ve got but don’t know if it’s right either.

Drive = Application.StartupPath & "\User_Files\profile.bda"
Drive.OpenFile(Drive)
Input #1, dat4, Abackup, TimeHide, WhatRunmin, autorun, cleanwhen, ClockC1, Sbillboard, monthly1, monthly2, monthly3, monthly4, showmonthlies, past1, past2, past3, past4, different_day, Blink, unused3, unused4
Close #1

Ask a Question