Can I make vertical drop-down menus instead of horizontal icons?

dlc710

I bought a new PC with Vista & Excel 2007. Since I scan better vertically, I
like the small-font size Excel 97 drop-down menus using words. I don't like
to scan horizontally. Excel 2007 icons use up way too much space on my
22-inch screen. How can I get drop-down text menus in Excel 2007 to replace
icons?

Jim Cone

Also, you can install and run multiple versions of Office/Excel on the
same computer. They must be installed in separate folders.
Last version installed becomes the default.
(don't run them both at the same time)

I have no experience doing this on a Vista configuration, but doubt
it will create a problem.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"dlc710"
<[email protected]>
wrote in message
bought a new PC with Vista & Excel 2007. Since I scan better vertically, I
like the small-font size Excel 97 drop-down menus using words. I don't like
to scan horizontally. Excel 2007 icons use up way too much space on my
22-inch screen. How can I get drop-down text menus in Excel 2007 to replace
icons?

Shane Devenshire

Hi,

I'm not sure how multiple versions of Excel really address your problem, but
you can run as many versions of Excel as you want at the same time. I do
this under Vista and XP. I currently have 2000, 2002, 2003 and 2007
installed.