can i improve the performance of my system???????

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

what type of benefits can i get after run any registry cleaner? I downloaded CCleaner after it being recommended by some people on here, and reading up about a test carried out on registry cleaners. but i think my system haven't get any recovery in its performance after run it.plz tell me any other utility which can improve the performance of my system??

Kind Regards,
Translator

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Well you could try defragging your HD - what system do you have and why you think its performance is not correct ?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Also, try running some anti-spyware applications, as they can often slow performance down greatly.

MS Defender is worth installing, as that does a very good job.

Reaction score
Run defrag & full scan disk, clean up your desktop, delete or backup files you don't need. Possibly adding more RAM Memory could speed up performance.

Reaction score
Hello Everybody,

I'm already using a defrag utility and anti-spyware software,but still it takes long to load any software and also I'm tired of losing my privacy everytime when my elder brother uses my computer,he is a computer expert.I want some software that makes my PC faster as well as secures my privacy.Please suggest.

I'm using Windows XP.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
translator - you still haven't given us your Pc's spec ie. Make/Model/Processor/Memory/Hard Drive etc....

Reaction score
I dont know what you mean by privacy. Are you talking about him being an administrator on your computer and being able to see what you have downloaded or something?

Reaction score
Specifications of my system are:
  • Intel Pentium III or equivalent, 800 MHz
  • 128MB RAM
  • Windows 2000 or XP operating system
  • 10GB hard drive

Reaction score
If he knows your passwords all the time then he's been naughty. Unless he is standing behind you theres no way he can possibly know what you using as long as its long enough ie minimum of 10 hexdecimel characters (meat56waddingtonroadwa349dc) for example

Unless as I say he has been very very naughty and installed a Keylogger

If thats the case I would knock him out! ;)

Reaction score
Ole rookie hops here, security and privacy are very basic and personal choices, like anything else you do, get informed! There are so many issues at hand, cost could be one. If you had the bucks you probably would have bought yourself and little bro. a shiny new unit already with all the buzzers and whistles, one for you, and one for him, but then you would not be here gracing us with your problems. Right?
Security, this works for me check mircrosoft compatible dowloads- buy one 29.95, one year Ewido spyware tool, make sure
to get 4.0 upgrade, trial version 3.5 works great, 4.0 if you buy, more spyware protection, download SpyBot, its free!
I also downloaded for free Ad-Avare, another great free spyware tool, between the three of these you should be rid
of the pesky spyware that have slowed down your " old relic" I have one too.
Go to Add-Remove programs in your control panel and remove any old or unused junk you mite have on your system.
Be carefull not to delete anything unless you know its clutter, this to will help improve some performance.
Remember you can always download things again if you need to, for now clean it up.
I have the free version of Zone alarm Firewall, Yes FREE, and it works great, disable or delete any other firewall you have, in other words only run one Firewall of your choosing,try to make it fun, security is like kicking the enemys butt.

Ask a Question