Can I have a group view

Rick Hughes

Using Oulook 2003 as corporate standard.
I have a team spread across many countries who all use Outlook 2003
It would be good if I could have a group view …. So I can see holidays, appointments, free time across the group … is this possible ?

I don’t want to log into multiple accounts to see their Calendar … looking for a ‘one screen’ view where I can see daily or weekly view for all of the team.

Nikki Peterson

Outlook 2003 does provide this for you.

- Select your Calendar View or Folder
- Select the ACTIONS menu
- Select VIEW GROUP SCHEDULES
- Click the NEW... button
- Type a name to identify the Group
- Click OK
- Add your Team members
- Save and Close

Now when you need to see all the free/busy info for everyone
all you have to do is Select your calendar, select "View Group
Schedules", and select the "TEAM" that you created.

Nikki

?

I don’t want to log into multiple accounts to see their Calendar
… looking for a ‘one screen’ view where I can see daily or
weekly view for all of the team.

Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com

Jeremy

How about the reverse of this. What if I want to enter dates into the
calendars of 70 users? Do they each have to give me edit rights to their
calendars? Or can I do this in one go?
Thx,
Jeremy

Nikki Peterson

They need to grant you the rights to be "Author". However,
Making a Meeting is pretty close, they just accept. I guess
the only drawback would be if you (for some reason) do
not want these dates entered into your own calendar. But,
there are ways around this also by creating a secondary
calendar that you can use to make the meetings with others,
but keep them out of your system Calendar. The benefit
of this would be that you have a one-stop-calendar to see
all the entries you made.

Nikki

How about the reverse of this. What if I want to enter dates into the
calendars of 70 users? Do they each have to give me edit rights to their
calendars? Or can I do this in one go?
Thx,
Jeremy

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

You will need author rights to each calendar, which the admin could give you
using pfdavadmin
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...92-D8AD-49E3-ADA4-E2422C0AB424&displaylang=en

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]