Can an Excel workbook number sheet pages sequentially?

Help please! I trying to get an Excel workbook to number it's sheets
sequentially - can this be done??

Pete_UK

Do you mean when you print them out? You want the page numbers to be
sequential and follow on as each sheet gets printed?

Pete

Yes, exactly that!! Can you help? At the moment, each sheet comes out as
Page 1 !
Thanks

Pete_UK

You can group all the sheets together and then print them - this will
give you sequential numbering. To do this, select the first sheet then
right-click on the sheet tab and choose Group All Sheets (the other
sheet tabs will turn white, and you will see :Group in the window title
bar). Then do File | Print (or you might like to do Print Preview
first, just to check), and you will see the page numbers follow on from
each other. You can also set the header/footer while the sheets are
grouped, and this will then be applied to every sheet.

Once you have finished, make sure that you un-group the sheets by
right-clicking the sheet tab again.

Hope this helps.

Pete

JCR

Joined
Aug 4, 2013
Messages
2
Reaction score
0

Excel Page Numbering wrote:
> Help please! I trying to get an Excel workbook to number it's sheets
> sequentially - can this be done??
didn't,t

JCR

Joined
Aug 4, 2013
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Didn't work for me
I want to change the sheet name to number and as sheets are added the number go from 1 all the way
To 100
JCR