Can a Virus Infect the BIOS?

Nancy

Thanks everyone for the interesting info.
I ended up installing one of my old hard drives.
So far so good.
I was unable to get online 'til now.
Now I can cry over the loss of a years' accumulated files...music,
pictures, etc.
I never learn.
This time I think I might try Acronis or similar program for backup.

Nancy

"Ken" wrote in message:>

Offbreed

Nancy said:
Thanks everyone for the interesting info.
I ended up installing one of my old hard drives.
So far so good.
I was unable to get online 'til now.
Now I can cry over the loss of a years' accumulated files...music,
pictures, etc.
I never learn.
This time I think I might try Acronis or similar program for backup.

Massive bummer.

You cannot mount the bad drive as Slave or Secondary Master and get some
of your files off that way?

Nancy

If anyone is still reading this thread....
I've been reading some of the posts about which Java version is
installed.

While trying to determine my version, I ran into this from the website
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/README.html
Version 1.5.0 or 5.0?
Both version numbers "1.5.0" and "5.0" are used to identify this
release of the Java 2 Platform Standard Edition. Version "5.0" is the
product version, while "1.5.0" is the developer version. The number
"5.0" is used to better reflect the level of maturity, stability,
scalability and security of the J2SE.
The number "5.0" was arrived at by dropping the leading "1." from
"1.5.0". Where you might have expected to see 1.5.0, it is now 5.0
(and where it was 1.5, it is now 5).

---------------------------------

Now I'm confused.

This is probably a very stupid question....
but where do I find my java version?

Thanks

Nancy

David H. Lipman

From: "Nancy" <[email protected]>

| If anyone is still reading this thread....
| I've been reading some of the posts about which Java version is
| installed.
|
| While trying to determine my version, I ran into this from the website
| http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/README.html
| Version 1.5.0 or 5.0?
| Both version numbers "1.5.0" and "5.0" are used to identify this
| release of the Java 2 Platform Standard Edition. Version "5.0" is the
| product version, while "1.5.0" is the developer version. The number
| "5.0" is used to better reflect the level of maturity, stability,
| scalability and security of the J2SE.
| The number "5.0" was arrived at by dropping the leading "1." from
| "1.5.0". Where you might have expected to see 1.5.0, it is now 5.0
| (and where it was 1.5, it is now 5).

| Now I'm confused.
|
| This is probably a very stupid question....
| but where do I find my java version?
|
| Thanks
|
| Nancy

You are describing v5.0 Update 0.