calendar year versus fiscal year

mePenny

I'm looking for a formula that picks fiscal year / calendar year from a sheet
that contains:

a - date
b - type of fuel (U or D)
c - amount (gallons)
d - price per gallon

Any help is truly appreciated!

mePenny

David Biddulph

If you have a date in A1, the formula for the calendar year is =YEAR(A1).

If you tell us your definition of fiscal year, we can tell you the formula.
One possibility might be
=IF(MONTH(A1)>3,YEAR(A1)&"-"&RIGHT(YEAR(A1)+1,2),YEAR(A1)-1&"-"&RIGHT(YEAR(A1),2))--David Biddulph"mePenny" <[email protected]> wrote in messageI'm looking for a formula that picks fiscal year / calendar year from asheet> that contains:>> a - date> b - type of fuel (U or D)> c - amount (gallons)> d - price per gallon>> Any help is truly appreciated!>> mePenny

mePenny

David, thank you for your response..

1. how would i look up calendar year for each type of fuel (unleaded = U,
diesel = D)?

2. Fiscal year is 07/01/09 to 06/31/10. The same would apply for each type
of fuel as above (unleaded = U, diesel = D).

Thank you, Penny

mePenny

If this is confusing, i'm sorry. Let me break the page down so you'll have a
better idea:

HEADINGS ONLY:
A4 - DATE
B4 - TYPE OF FUEL (U = UNLEADED, D = DIESEL)
C4 - GALLON AMOUNT OF FUEL DELIVERED
D4 - PRICE PER GALLON AT TIME OF DELIVERY

ENTRIES ONLY:
A6 - A24 ARE THE ENTRIES OF FUEL DELIVERED

G5 - CALENDAR YEAR (HEADING ONLY)
G6 - (WORD ONLY) UNLEADED H6 - (NEED FORMULA HERE)
G7 - (WORD ONLY) DIESEL H7 - (NEED FORUMLA HERE)

G9 - FISCAL YEAR (HEADING ONLY)
G10 - (WORD ONLY) UNLEADED H10 - (NEED FORMULA HERE)
G11 - (WORD ONLY) DIESEL H11 - (NEED FORMULA HERE)

Okay, what i'm looking for is the formulas for H6,H7,H10,H11
H6,H7: I need to pull the amount of fuel delivered in the current calendar
year for each type of fuel (H6 unleaded, H7 diesel)
H10,H11: I need to pull the amount of fuel delivered in the current fiscal
year (7/1/09 - 6/30/10) for each type of fuel (H10 unleaded, H11 diesel)

I'm hoping this is a better explination.
Penny