Calculating Phone Bills Help Please

Discussion in 'Microsoft Excel Worksheet Functions' started by Sh0t2bts, Aug 19, 2009.

  1. Sh0t2bts

    Sh0t2bts Guest

    Hi All,

    I am having to workout my companies telephone bill to make sure the
    carrier isn't charging more than what we agreed, I have done a few
    calls manually but with 20,000 calls im not doing them all.

    What I have is:-
    The duration
    The cost per minute
    The connection charge

    This is one example using easy numbers:-
    Duration 1 minute received as 00:01:00
    Cost Per Min received as 0.12p twelve pence per min
    Connection Charge as 0.02p two pence

    But here's my problem if I do =(00:01:00*0.12)+0.02 it doesn't work,
    if i do it using cell referances I get the result of 0.020083333

    So to get round this I put the time in as a calculation =((mm*60)+ss)/
    60 but I have to do this for each call. is there a easier way?

    Cheers
    Mark :blush:)

    Sh0t2bts, Aug 19, 2009

  2. Sh0t2bts

    Pete_UK Guest

    Well, if you are being charged 12 pence per minute plus a 2 pence
    connection charge you are being vastly overcharged. Think about
    changing supplier - it's easier than you think.

    Pete

    Pete_UK, Aug 19, 2009

  3. Sh0t2bts

    Sh0t2bts Guest

    p45cal, thanks that worked a treat :blush:)

    Pete_UK, I have just changed carrier and you are right the rates are
    vastly different, calls to 118 number are hight 20p+ connection charge
    16p per min..... local calls are better .008p connection charge 0.012p
    per minute. I used full pence to make the reading easier.

    Thanks Both for you help and advise
    Mark :blush:)

    Sh0t2bts, Aug 20, 2009
  4. Sh0t2bts

    Pete_UK Guest

    Still not brilliant !!

    You can get less than 1p/min (i.e. 0.7p) for Local/National calls with
    no connection charge and no minimum charge, per second billing etc.
    from a number of different (good quality) suppliers.

    Pete

    Pete_UK, Aug 20, 2009
  5. Sh0t2bts

    Mannypros

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2017
    Likes Received:
    0
    what was the formula p45cal gave you please am in the same pickle

    Mannypros, Jan 11, 2017