Calculate Age...?

Andrew

I have a sheet with the formula..

=DATEDIF(A20,NOW(),"Y")&":Yrs "&DATEDIF(A20,NOW(),"YM")&":Months
"&DATEDIF(A20,NOW(),"MD")&":Days"

where A20 contains a birthday...!

Can any of you clever guys tell me why It doesn't seem to be working
correctly.
Its supposed to return the age "X:Yrs Y:Months Z:Days".

Thanx for any assist.
Andrew

Chip Pearson

Andrew,

The formula works fine for me. Exactly what problems are you
having?

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

Bob Phillips

Works fine for me. What do you get?

--

HTH

RP

Gord Dibben

Works for me if a valid date like 9/14/1978 is entered in A20.

Returns 27:Yrs 1:Months 1:Days

What does "not working" mean to you?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

Andrew

Tried : Wed-05/Jan/1944, But "Mother" is 62'n a Bit.
(Presume she's not telling fibs)

I get---- 61:Yrs 9:Months 11:Days

Jan is (Nov/Dec) 2 Months + xDays away, and ans Just dont look right.
Wondering if Leap years etc. are taken into account with "DateDif"..?
-----------
Thanx Guys
Andrew

| Works for me if a valid date like 9/14/1978 is entered in A20.
|
| Returns 27:Yrs 1:Months 1:Days
|
| What does "not working" mean to you?
|

| Gord Dibben Excel MVP
|

| >I have a sheet with the formula..
| >
| >=DATEDIF(A20,NOW(),"Y")&":Yrs "&DATEDIF(A20,NOW(),"YM")&":Months
| >"&DATEDIF(A20,NOW(),"MD")&":Days"
| >
| >where A20 contains a birthday...!
| >
| >Can any of you clever guys tell me why It doesn't seem to be working
| >correctly.
| >Its supposed to return the age "X:Yrs Y:Months Z:Days".
| >

| >Thanx for any assist.
| >Andrew

Ron Rosenfeld

Tried : Wed-05/Jan/1944, But "Mother" is 62'n a Bit.
(Presume she's not telling fibs)

I get---- 61:Yrs 9:Months 11:Days

Jan is (Nov/Dec) 2 Months + xDays away, and ans Just dont look right.
Wondering if Leap years etc. are taken into account with "DateDif"..?

Although your mother may be well into her 62nd year on this planet, she won't
be celebrating her 62nd birthday until she finishes up that year.

If she was born Jan 1944, she won't finish up her 62nd year until Jan 2006.

--ron

Thanx Guys, Thought the thory behind the formula was good...!
Just my common sense thats a bit dodgy..!

Thanx Again
Andrew

-----